Wednesday 5 February 2014

M.E. - Sleep Problems

Morning... It's just turned 3:16am and it's raining pretty heavily outside. Not only that but there's an annoying green light shining through my window (I live behind the back of a shop).

Why can't I get to sleep? To be honest, it's probably because I had an hours nap this evening but something doesn't quite add up.

If I ever nap during the day, I can nap again and again and again but during the evening although I'm tired I just can't get to sleep.

Maybe it's a mixture of things: Anxiety, stress, temperature, thoughts etc etc...

I know a lot will relate to me when I say that night time is when a lot of us will start to conjure up our thoughts and just can't let our minds rest. Maybe a comment someone has said, insecurities, stress created through jobs you know have to be done, the knowledge that when you wake up you have to face another day.

From time to time, these all tend to play a part. A big problem of mine is knowing that when I wake up in the morning that I'm going to be at my worst. Before you know it, afternoon has come along and there's the mad rush to get a few things done then back to square 1 in the evening. There's just not enough hours in the day, or too many depending on your outlook!

At one point, I thought that it could have something to do with the medication I take (anti-depressants) which I've been on for around 5 years now. I've been on the latest lot for around 3 years. I originally took them at night but started taking them in the morning and unsurprisingly for me, it didn't make a difference!

Apparently, spending time on your computer before bed time can have an affect. It makes it hard for our minds to switch off - so why am I writing a blog before getting back into bed?!?!?!

Maybe I eat too late, I admit it wasn't far from 10pm when I had my tea - I fell asleep near 8pm when I was going to put it on and woke up an hour later - took me twice as long to make because I was dazed! Typically though, I eat between 7 and 8 - apparently it's not good to eat after 8pm - again, I admit I don't stick to this, I get too hungry and need my food! I've started having a protein shake between tea and bed - muscles repair when your body is totally relaxed (in your sleep) so it makes sense.

That's enough rambling on from me - I've been writing this post for 18 minutes!

Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment